This article will show you how to set alerts for entire watchlists. Below are examples of alerts you can set:
- When any stock in my watchlist drops by 2% today.
- A mutual fund or ETF's Alpha drops below 1.
- An index has gained 10% Year to date (YTD).
- A company announces a dividend or new news is available.
1. Go to your Dashboard by clicking on the YCharts logo in the top left corner.
2. Click on the “Options” drop-down at the top right of any watchlist and click “Create / Edit Alerts.”
3. Under “Alert me when” enter the financial metric that you want to be alerted about. You can also click the “browse” button to select a metric.
4. Choose the inequality from the drop-down box directly below the financial metric box. Enter the numerical value you would like the alert to be triggered at and click “Create Alert”.
5. Check any of the boxes below to be alerted for news, earnings data, Y-Rating scores, etc.