The Correlations Between Portfolio and Benchmark template (click to download) can be used for the following purposes:
- Analyze the correlation between...
- The holdings of the portfolio
- The holdings of the portfolio vs the custom benchmark
- The portfolio vs the custom benchmark
Here is what it looks like:
How it works
1. Enter the Portfolio Holdings
First click on the "Correlation" tab at the bottom of the workbook. This tab, in cells C5:C39, is where you'll enter the holdings of the portfolio.
2. Enter the Weights of the Portfolio Holdings
Staying on the "correlation" tab, enter the respective weights of the holdings of the portfolio in cells G5:G39.
3. Enter the Benchmark
Scroll to the benchmark input section of the workbook starting at row 46. Then in put the tickers in cells C46:C48 and the weights in cells G46:G48.
4. Print or Save the report as a PDF
First, click on the tab you'd like to print or create a PDF for. Then, click the File button and select Print or Export to save as a PDF.
*PLEASE NOTE: Do not delete or add any rows in the spreadsheet. Only delete the contents within a cell. This will ensure the spreadsheet will calculate all the data properly.
Specifications and Details
Correlations are calculated over 5 year lookback period.