The Investment Comparison template (click to download) can be used for the following purposes:
- Visualize the growth of $10,000 and Asset Allocation of prospective investments.
- Compare each investment's historical performance, equity statistics, and expenses.
- Analyze each model portfolio's monthly, quarterly & annual returns, risk metrics over different look-back periods, and analyze the individual holdings of each model portfolio.
Below is an example section of the Investment Comparison report:
How it works
1. Enter the Funds & Benchmark
On the "Fund Comparison" tab, enter the securities that you'd like to compare in the cells highlighted blue in cells C43:C48. In cell C51, insert the benchmark you'd like to compare the funds against. Note, this report will default to today's date.
2. Print or Save the report as a PDF
First, click on the tab you'd like to print or create a PDF for. Then, click the File button and select Print or Export to save as a PDF.
*PLEASE NOTE: Do not delete or add any rows in the spreadsheet. Only delete the contents within a cell. This will ensure the spreadsheet will calculate all the data properly.
Specifications and Details
Return periods greater than 12 months in the "Trailing Performance" are annualized. The "Performance Analysis" section uses a three year lookback period when calculating the metrics.